Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hopefully an easy question to answer (clutch and flywheel).

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hopefully an easy question to answer (clutch and flywheel).

I'm wondering if it's ok to install my clutch and flywheel this weekend. The thing is that I am still waiting for FLT to finish my trans. I will be getting it back from them on August 11th. I was told in the past that you don't want to install then clutch and flywheel too early because they flywheel may rust? Doesn't it rust anyhow over time?

So now I'm dealing with an LS1 and everything seems to be different from being a past LT1 guy. It's just crazy how different **** is, yet it's still considered a 4th gen. I want to ask before doing anything. My question is can I install my clutch and flywheel, leave it in for a couple weeks and then go to just bolt the trans in? Also I am doing this all inside a garage, it's a controlled environment. Sorry if this is just the stupidest question LOL. But man I've heard it all and why not ask before possibly screwing something up.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

go ahead and install it, I dont see any reason why not.

and I once used a clutch where I had to beat the disk off the flywheels so I could line everything up when I installed it, and it worked just fine after a few clutch dumps...lol (I needed one at the shootout at the time, and worked good enough to get me down to the final 4 cars last year)

so I wouldn't worry to much about it. haha
Old 07-24-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BES Stroked Nova
go ahead and install it, I dont see any reason why not.

and I once used a clutch where I had to beat the disk off the flywheels so I could line everything up when I installed it, and it worked just fine after a few clutch dumps...lol (I needed one at the shootout at the time, and worked good enough to get me down to the final 4 cars last year)

so I wouldn't worry to much about it. haha
haha, cool thanks for the reply man. Yeah, I'm going to install her this weekend then.