Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

sticky clutch.....read so much, im confused

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sticky clutch.....read so much, im confused

okay here it is......

2002 model, bought used a year ago.....dont know how many miles on clutch...

going thru the gears hard with high rpm's has always resulted in a spongy clutch pedal, but i could always make it thru the gears. just had to pump it back up once i was done playing....

had the motor pulled out and some bonus items installed....got the car back, and now when i go 1-2 its fine, but going to 3rd the pedal is now staying on the floor? if i start in 2nd, i can go 2-3 but then pedal is on the floor???

i have been reading tons of info on the drill mod, change the master etc.....

the clutch is not slipping, it drives fine for everyday driving and shifting...

will the drill mode fix this? i mean its just supposed to make the fluid get back to the master faster right? i am also going to wrap the hose in heat resistant tape or something....keep the fluid from getting so hot, i have long tube headers on the car.

i see no signs of leakage, havent for the entire year of owning the car, so does that rule the slave out?

im just confused cause i see people on here that have done the drill mod, change the master changed everything and still have the problems...and some do one little thing and its fixed??? so whats your opinion? thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

my car does the exact same thing i am getting the tick. its one of the sponsors on here. my buddy has it in his vette and solved his problem completly. Its tick performance
Old 07-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

look at the stickies at the top of the manual transmission thread, then click on i think is the 3rd sticky that one explains the pedal to the floor problem it seems common.

Quick Reply: sticky clutch.....read so much, im confused