Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 mid-plates

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 mid-plates

I am trying to figure out if the bolt pattern of the mid-plate to the bellhousing is the same for all T56 (i.e. Chevy, Ford, Viper).

From internet pictures it appears to be, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by serpentnoir
I am trying to figure out if the bolt pattern of the mid-plate to the bellhousing is the same for all T56 (i.e. Chevy, Ford, Viper).

From internet pictures it appears to be, but I'm not sure.

Pretty sure not. Now, the LT1 and LS1 mid's are different because of the clutch setup. But, pretty sure (but not 100%) that the bolt pattern for mid to bell are different.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ACTUAL answer is no they are not the same. BUT they are all based on the same pattern. That is the Ford plate omits a bolt for the clutch fork exit hole( 4.6L is different than 5.0L). The LT1 plate omits a different bolt. The LS1 plate uses more bolts. So you can mix & match bells & plates if you arn't a purest on attachment. Also, you could have an unused hole where a fork should be & is not used.The only significantly different pattern is on the Corvette plate. It is not even close.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

So they should bolt up interchangeably except for one or more bolts not being used. That is more or less what QuickTime told me. I'm trying to mate a Mustang T56 to a LS1 motor. They said to use their RM-8020 bellhousing and cut a hole on the side for the fork and weld a tab to hold the clutch cable. Input shaft will have to be swapped to LS1/T56.

Quick Reply: T56 mid-plates