Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal is low. about 1.5" lower then brake pedal??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal is low. about 1.5" lower then brake pedal??

Hey Everyone.

I put a LS1/T56 into my '97 Trans am. It was originally a M6 car. I put a Ls1 master into it, from a '00 trans am.

The pedal is low, and i cant pull it up. Its about 1-1.5" lower then my brake pedal.

If i pull on the pedal, i cant get it to come up higher, as if its hit somethign in the master?

Am i missing something here? Do i need an ajustable master? I figured this is all factory parts, it should be perfect.

Sheldon
Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 91ZLS6
Hey Everyone.

I put a LS1/T56 into my '97 Trans am. It was originally a M6 car. I put a Ls1 master into it, from a '00 trans am.

The pedal is low, and i cant pull it up. Its about 1-1.5" lower then my brake pedal.

If i pull on the pedal, i cant get it to come up higher, as if its hit somethign in the master?

Am i missing something here? Do i need an ajustable master? I figured this is all factory parts, it should be perfect.

Sheldon

Let it eat....go drive it!

All factory parts, every car will be slightly different (pedal positions and such) AS long as the clutch releases/engages and you like the way it drives, it won't matter where the pedal is.

Now, on teh other hand, if you don't like the feel of it, you could do a number of things, of which the easiest would be to buy an adj MC....

I say let it eat, go drive your new car, enjoy.....(unless of course if it doesn't shift, then come back and let us know )
Old 07-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Launching!

It doesnt shift either

When clutch is depressed with it in gear, it will move the car. Took it to the dealer, they told me my pressure plate is not self adjusting (its an LS7?)

I decided to bring it home and bleed the **** out of it myself, as i know these hydraulics and clutch have worked in another vehicle. Doesnt make sense my pressure plate is suddenly out of adjustment
Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 PM
FormerVendor

OK, will let's start over then.

Have you EVER driven this setup?

If not, like you said, bleed the crap out of it (will need an extra pair of hands) and then report back.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gen414
OK, will let's start over then.

Have you EVER driven this setup?

If not, like you said, bleed the crap out of it (will need an extra pair of hands) and then report back.
Figured out the problem, well, i solved it.

The GM Tech @ the local dealer told me the master was moving its full travel. He was soooo wrong.

I did the home made ajustable master, and ajusted it out until my pedal was as far forward as it could go, did some more bleeding, now it shifts absolutly perfectly!!!

I <3 this car

Quick Reply: Pedal is low. about 1.5" lower then brake pedal??