Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch to use

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch to use

I'm modding my M6 SS to between 420-450 rwhp and thinking I'll need a new clutch and a rearend. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Launching!

i guess i'll start the monster train, prolly a stage 2 or 3. keep an eye on this forum, about 75% of the threads in here are from people with positive feedack on the monsters. i'm sure steve(owner of monster) will chime in here

DISCLAIMER: i am by no means popping for monster, as there are other quality clutches, just stating an observation that monster is the new hot ticket and many people are raving over them
Old 08-05-2009, 02:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about going with monster but I went the proven Textralia route myself, the z-grip. Although monsters are being proven on a daily basis by everything i've read, they're still fairly new. I just had my eye on a Tex for a long time so I got one. It was definately a toss up between a Tex and monster for me though. Even though the monsters are fairly new, I haven't read one bad thing about them. I know there's a break-in period of 500 miles I believe and it takes quite a bit of those miles to get rid of the chatter on a monster, maybe Steve can chime in if i'm wrong, I apologize. With the Textralia, there's no chatter or break-in period per say.

Last edited by Martin HD-28; 08-05-2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: More info.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

I am a dealer for Monster, and I would no longer consider Monster "new". They have been around for awhile now, and have MANY clutches out there, with alot of miles on them proving that they are every bit of a clutch that everyone says they are.

That being said, with your power, take a look at Levels 1 and 2.

Level 2 will give you some room to grow, in case you decide to make more power, and would be the clutch I would consider at this point.

Any questions, please call or PM. You can check out pricing in my link below.
Thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gen414
I am a dealer for Monster, and I would no longer consider Monster "new".

I wouldn't call them "new" either, that"s why I referred to them as "fairly new".
Old 08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Technically, our stage 1 is rated to handle this power level. Or you could go the stage 2 or 2+ route if you plan on going bigger and badder in the future. Any of these would provide great drivability and torque capacity to meet your current needs. Let me know if you have any questions about these units and I will be happy to assist you further. I have included a link to our applicable parts list below. The LS1 based parts are in the second parts list. Thanks,

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Chevy/Camaro/2000/Single