Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

mc leod twin disk won't work since i parked my ta for winter

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mc leod twin disk won't work since i parked my ta for winter

02 ws6. put a d&d built t-56 in my car last fall with mc leod bell, mc cleod twin disk and mc leod adjustable master cylinder. car drove better then ever. parked the car for the winter in my garage. had it out twice since then just pulled it out let it run a while and put away. noticeably harder to put it in gear each time. now, can only put the car in 1st, 2nd or 3rd when the car is off, but does'nt want to go into gear when the car is running??? bled the clutch, and theres no air coming out. any other suggestions? maybe a rodent got in there, but would'nt the car sill get into gear?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Mcleod master is known to have seal problems.If you have the stock master put that in and see if it fixes the problem.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it just be rusted? if you work the pedal you may be able to free it up?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely sounds like a hydraulic issue. Since you can get it into gear when the engine is off but not when its on, the clutch probably isn't fully disengaging. Since Slowhawk mentioned that the Mcleod master cylinders are know to have issues, I'd start there.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Teching In

thanks, i'll change out the master then. its just wierd that it was fine when i parked it.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
The Mcleod master is known to have seal problems.If you have the stock master put that in and see if it fixes the problem.
I have a brand new one I think is bad
just got the clutch back from mcleod cause it was shimmed wrong.
Now if you push the pedal like you are shifting normal it seems fine(car is still on jack stands) if you slowly release the pedal it stops about and inch off the floor and stays there. have to pull it up then pump it back to the top.
Have bleed about a quart of fluid threw it. Vacuum bleed and everything and still won't work.
I am PISSED. My $400 spec worked perfect and this $1400 piece of junk is worthless.
normally I put about 5000 miles and go to the track about 8 times a year but because of this clutch the car has only been driven 290 miles this year
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

I am not trying to bad talk mcleod.So far they have helped with my problems.
Mcleod contacted me and are sending me a new master . We don't know for sure but maybe I got an older master.(old stock from distributor?)
Hopefully this fixes my issue.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
I am not trying to bad talk mcleod.So far they have helped with my problems.
Mcleod contacted me and are sending me a new master . We don't know for sure but maybe I got an older master.(old stock from distributor?)
Hopefully this fixes my issue.
I am glad you called in to discuss your issues.We stand behind our product 100% if there is a failure due to manufactures error. We got the call tag on its way to you. If there are any other issue please don't hesitate to call us.