Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help choosing a clutch

Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing a clutch

Hey guys. This is my first post here, but have been lurking for quite a while. I need some help choosing a clutch. I'm building a 68 Acadian (same thing as a Nova for those that don't know). I have a L92 that will be getting the Mast Motorsports SS cam and the M90 controller. I'll also be running Stainless Works long tube headers. I'm hoping to be around 560hp. As for a trans, I have a Tremec TKO 600. I have 3.70 gears in the back. This will be a pro-touring car that I plan on running 99% of the time on the street. I would like to take it to the track at least once to see how it does. I plan on driving it fairly hard on the streets, but I don't planning on driving like an idiot either. I want something that my wife (if I ever let her actually drive the car) won't have any issues with clutch pressure.

I've asked this question over at the pro-touring forums and several guys recommend the LS7 clutch. I've been looking at the Monster clutches and would be willing to spend that much if needed. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread