Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just ordered my Tick MC!! Cant wait!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just ordered my Tick MC!! Cant wait!

Anyways bout to install my monster and Tick when I get it. I have heard great things about the tick MC. I am looking forward for my clucth pedal not staying to the ground everytime I power shift! lol. So How should I go about bleeding it. Should I fill the reservoir up and actuate the cylinder before installing to get it somewhat bled?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eatinstang4life
Anyways bout to install my monster and Tick when I get it. I have heard great things about the tick MC. I am looking forward for my clucth pedal not staying to the ground everytime I power shift! lol. So How should I go about bleeding it. Should I fill the reservoir up and actuate the cylinder before installing to get it somewhat bled?
Your best bet is to bench bleed the master before installing it.

This is done by attaching the clutch line and reservior, filling the revervior, and depressing the master cylinder pushrod while pushing in the quick connect fitting with a small socket (if I remember correctly, a 5.5mm 1/4 drive socket works perfectly). Basically you want to open the quick connect with the socket, depress the pushrod, close the quick connect, retract the pushrod, and repeat. Keep the reservior topped off and above the master at all times. Doing this makes it much easier to bleed the system once the master is installed in the car.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bleed mine the olfashion way with a friend and a rachet.took me about 5 min and it was dry.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

get a speed bleeder.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't have to bench bleed the master. Get a remote bleeder while you're installing the clutch and don't even try to bleed the system without a Mity-Vac.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

you are ganna love it man!!! its amazing