Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch slipped for first time need help

Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch slipped for first time need help

last night i was messing around with the car and launched from a stop i noticed rpms were stuck at 3k and was not going anywhere fast and then i smelt my clutch.

im pretty sure it has the stock clutch(76kmiles now, bought at 59k) and i am due for a upgrade which clutch would you recommend for a stock ls1 at the moment that will see mostly street/occasional strip action.

i also have a clunk when clutch engage and while driving. pretty sure its the driveshaft so i need to get that checked out also

if you can post prices on the complete clutch assembly with lightweight flywheel

thanks,

navdeep
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 AM
FormerVendor

Well, if RPM's STAYED there, like you said, that is not a clutch slipping. Now, if you smelt a clutch, than that is a different story. But, if the clutch "slips"...motor is gonna rev, and car is not gonna go anywhere.

So, if you do need a clutch, I am an advocate for Monster Clutches. Are teh higher levels overkill for your setup? Sure. But, we do have teh Level 1 (good for 425RWHP) and the Level 2 (525 RWHP) that are PERFECT for DD's, while being a superior clutch in all area's (along with a 1 year warranty, and great customer service from me )

You can check out prices and more info here:

http://www.morrismotorsports.net/mon...hes_levels_i-v

And you can always call or PM/email....whatever works for you.
Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For stock power level, the Spec 2 I had was awesome in terms of feel and streetability. It's also not very expensive. If the car is staying at the stock or even bolt-on power level, a stage 2 or similar clutch from Spec, Monster, etc would be recommended by many.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

When i was researching new clutch kits/everything you need to replace a clutch and do it right, it was up in the air between SPEC and MONSTER. Everyone told me that SPEC was the cheaper rout. When you do a little research and price all the parts out they both come out to be about the same price. BUT monster offers a 1 year warranty and some AMAZING customer feed back. To me the choice was easy. Just my .02
Old 09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Nav, I think that our Stage 2 would be a great option as well. It provides great drivability and plenty of capacity for your needs. I have provided a link to our webpage specific to this application below. Take a look and let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Chevy/Camaro/1999/Single

Info relative to the LS based cars is in the second box when scrolling down the page. Flywheel prices and part numbers are also listed there too. Give me a call if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: clutch slipped for first time need help