Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Havent seen this asked...replacement disc for Spec?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Havent seen this asked...replacement disc for Spec?

Right now I have a spec 3 that just started slipping. If the PP and flywheel look good, is it possible to buy only the clutch disc? If so, can a stage 2 be installed rather than a 3 and use the same PP? Or is there a difference between those? Thanks for any info.

BTW, right now I'm leaning towards the LS7 setup from SDPC but curoius if there is a less expensive alternative or if what I have goes in the trashcan. Not wanting a "race" clutch...been there. Looking for a smoother stockish setup.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same boat. My PP and flywheel look good, but the disk is almost worn out. I need to buy a 4+ disk only, but cannot find pricing on other than a complete clutch kit.

I guess monday Ill call them and see what they have to say. Anyone else have any tips?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you can buy discs alone from us. They cost 50% of the cost of the complete clutch kit. That being said if you all give me a call I will be happy to talk options and availability. I will need to know when you kits were purchased so I can insure that you get the appropriate disc thickness so having this info will make the process much easier. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Havent seen this asked...replacement disc for Spec?