Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Trouble !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Trouble !!!

I had a Tex 0z700 and all new gm hydraulics installed last winter. The clutch never felt good. I got the tick master installed recently. The pedal feels much better, but it grabs really high(when the pedal is almost completely up). Also, twice now my pedal has stuck on the floor and i had to reach down and pull it up. I obviously need to find a better mechanic, i have spent alot of $ and the clutch feels like ****!!! If anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong , I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks
Old 09-13-2009, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is the master adjusted?
may be able to shorten the rod a little then rebleed the clutch
Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

If the pedal is sticking to the floor after the master was installed there is either still air in the system or there's an issue with the slave cylinder. The easiest thing to do is check the reservoir to see if the fluid is dark or discolored. If it is then you should flush and refill the system. If not, then I suggest that you bleed the system with a mighty-vac to insure that there is no air present. Once this is done if the issues isn't resolved then it may be time to replace the slave cylinder. Check the reservoir, bleed the system, and let us know what you find. Thanks,
Old 09-14-2009, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Don, I have the same setup and my peddle does grab high. I was told that it isn't a bad thing that the peddle is higher than we were used to with the stock clutch. The peddle sticking to the floor is obviously not a good thing as mine has not stuck to the floor with the tick master. I would deff rebleed the system, unless you have a speed bleeder which I do not, it can be a pain in the *** to bleed. I'll be out thursday maybe we can figure it out then!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

If pedal sticking to floor, then I would say 99% chance it is hydraulic related...bad slave/MC/air in line, etc....Re-bleed it, GOOD, and recheck.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys for your advice. I really appreciate it. It probably does need more bleeding and hopefully i can get the point of engagement a little lower as well.

Quick Reply: Clutch Trouble !!!