Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Sticky Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky Clutch

Hey Guys, My car is acting weird when i push in the clutch sometimes. ITs happening more and more often. When i push in the clutch and let off it will stay almost all the way pushed in and i will have to pull it out with my foot. any ideas? thanks

2002 trans am
Old 09-17-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Try bleeding your slave cylinder and if that doesn't work time to change your clutch/pressure plate/flywheel.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Search is your friend... *Points*
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-write-up.html
Old 09-17-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same problem except mine wouldn't go in gear. I ended up having to replace all of the hydraulic lines as well as the clutch. Wasn't cheap. But they apparently corrected the issue in 2001 the year after mine. You probably just have to drain them as said above.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM
FormerVendor

You most likely have air in the hydraulics. This can be remedied with bleeding the system (as long as the slave and master cylinders are properly functioning). I suggest flushing and refiling the system with a higher BP fluid and making sure that your hydraulic line (that leads from the master to the slave) is routed correctly. It should run behind the heat-shield as it passed the headers. I also suggest wrapping the lines with a good heat resistent wrap to further insulate it from heat. If this doesn't fix the issue the you will likely need a new slave or master or both. Check each for leaks, which should be pretty clearly evidenced. Remember, the slave and master can bleed by internally and when this happens they will not leak. Let me know what you find and I will be happy to assist you further tech support and trouble-shooting. Thanks,