Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch slipping, tick master still awesome...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clutch slipping, tick master still awesome...

This is one of those feel good moments you get despite knowing about other problems. Monster 3.5 on the way. During a long drive home to visit the parents, was ******* it with some cars actually was driving normally most of the time was doing 75-80 and passing traffic pretty well, but this shitty cavalier with badges decides to catch me ride my bumper and flashes me then lines up... I'm like "are you serious!??!??" I didn't bite initially due to slipping clutch and I need to get home still after this, but instead of passing me he kept ANNOYING the **** out of me. I've been driving for 3 hours now and with the previous master, hot + quick downshifts then upshifts = sticking pedal.

Tick to the rescue... but wait I installed a tick, this should be fun... and it was... I saw a nice long straightaway for a good few miles and downshifted into 3rd, brought it to the top of 5th... took him almost 10 mins to catch up.

Moral of the story, the clutch pedal didn't stick. Prior to the tick master I mityvaced it, I bled it, I went to dot 5.1 and none of this completely got rid of the sticking pedal after 3 shifts. Yes I did the drill mod too, back when I first got the 01-02 master. On another note, the LS7 clutch has "lasted" almost 65k miles despite 1 years worth of shitty master cylinder. Probably could have lasted me longer with the tick. Save your clutch! Get a tick master! Heck even my shifter feel changed! It goes into gear so much smoother...
Old 09-19-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed mine yesterday. and it is like night and day.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you like it.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope it cures my shifting issues. Mine is going in tomorrow!