Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just learned how to drive a manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just learned how to drive a manual

hey guys, I've been driving a manual for a little over a week now and can pretty much drive one better than most of you on this site. So theres really nothing else I need to learn or that anyone can show me. However I do have a question and I expect it to be answered.

I read the race stories section of this website and hear of ppl. dropping down to 2nd at 60mph or higher to race someone. I thought doing something like this would destroy a transmisson. if anyone could clear this up for me. it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by calicuttc
hey guys, I've been driving a manual for a little over a week now and can pretty much drive one better than most of you on this site.

Hell of a way to ask for help...
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

**** you troll
Old 09-23-2009, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

hey guys, I've been driving a manual for a little over a week now and can pretty much drive one better than most of you on this site. So theres really nothing else I need to learn or that anyone can show me.
Dang and after years of driving a manual I thought I was getting the hang of it, now newbies are better than me after a week!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

this is a joke right?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't ask questions by telling people how you are better than them, you might get an answer.

PS can you tell us your secrets to mastering the manual transmission? PLEASE, OH PLEASE SHARE YOUR WISDOM. OH, GREAT ONE, WE NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

ibtl

Last edited by Pseudonym; 09-23-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: no reason to quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey guys, I've been driving a manual for a little over a week now and can pretty much drive one better than most of you on this site. So theres really nothing else I need to learn or that anyone can show me. However I do have a question and I expect it to be answered.

I read the race stories section of this website and hear of ppl. dropping down to 2nd at 60mph or higher to race someone. I thought doing something like this would destroy a transmisson. if anyone could clear this up for me. it would be greatly appreciated.
If you came up to me with an attitude like that id probably punch you in the face and go about my day.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

actually you can just slam it into first without using the clutch. the "grinding" sound is normal. if it dsnt go in right away just push harder.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 PM

look guys, I said I EXPECTED my question to be anwered. Not a bunch of criticism to my unnatural driving abilities. Yes I do own a 2000 camaro z28.
When I started that forum earlier I just got my car and didn't know how to drive stick. Now a week later I'm told that I can shift better than an automatic.
I can get 10.5 out of a stock z28 do to my shifting abilities. so please stop hating.
As for my secret...well I guess its just me and my supreme confidence and phenomenal short learning curve. I don't talk down to any of you "lessers" and I don't expect to be treated any different.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

look guys, I said I EXPECTED my question to be anwered. Not a bunch of criticism to my unnatural driving abilities. Yes I do own a 2000 camaro z28.
When I started that forum earlier I just got my car and didn't know how to drive stick. Now a week later I'm told that I can shift better than an automatic.
I can get 10.5 out of a stock z28 do to my shifting abilities. so please stop hating.
As for my secret...well I guess its just me and my supreme confidence and phenomenal short learning curve. I don't talk down to any of you "lessers" and I don't expect to be treated any different.
LOL this has to be a ******* joke. Line your "10.5 sec" car up against my lowly mid 12 sec car, lets see what happens!

I think you might just be confused, the place you were looking for is here: www.hondatech.com - I think youd fit right in with those other naturally gifted folk.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

look guys, I said I EXPECTED my question to be anwered. Not a bunch of criticism to my unnatural driving abilities.
Can't.....breath.......AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like clever and funny trolls but annoying/obvious trolls are stupid.

This guy reminds me of the 10 year olds talking **** on Call of Duty 4.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

I've been driving one for a while now, and I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near as good as you are....Pa pa pa please bless me with you abilites...........and another thing....GL with help in the future, and you have just been e'bagged
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 09-23-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well I guess its just me and my supreme confidence and phenomenal short learning curve.
You should go to medical school. The world could use a surgeon who performs miracles. You could be saving lives in a month!

I will delete my previous quote, no need to drag other threads into this.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

Do not feed the troll
Old 09-23-2009, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

funny joke
Old 09-24-2009, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

hey guys, I've been driving a manual for a little over a week now and can pretty much drive one better than most of you on this site. So theres really nothing else I need to learn or that anyone can show me.
Lol.. I have no Tranny in the Car at the moment and I'll out-drive your ***..

However I do have a question and I expect it to be answered.
Expect huh..who the **** are you to expect something..

You sound like one of them little rich snobby ***** that sucks on daddy's dick.

I don't talk down to any of you "lessers" and I don't expect to be treated any different.
Someone this douche.

Quick Reply: Just learned how to drive a manual