Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch fluid leak???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch fluid leak???

I just did a clutch master cylinder swap on my 2001 camaro ss. My pedal was very spongy at times. I tried to traditionally bleed it..(for hours)..and I had no feeling back in my pedal. I had to use a mityvac to bleed the system. I finally got my normal feel back in the pedal.
So It's been a few days since I had my car out of the garage. I noticed when I pulled it out that I had a nice puddle under my car. It seems the fluid came out of the transmission casing. There is a 1\2 inch breather\gap (I guess) where the bell housing \transfer case is under the car...and the fluid is leaking out of there. However, the fluid in my resevoir is still full, and my car is still shifting pretty nice.

Should I be concerned about this and if so, What is the problem???
Old 09-26-2009, 07:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jdcamaro99
I just did a clutch master cylinder swap on my 2001 camaro ss. My pedal was very spongy at times. I tried to traditionally bleed it..(for hours)..and I had no feeling back in my pedal. I had to use a mityvac to bleed the system. I finally got my normal feel back in the pedal.
So It's been a few days since I had my car out of the garage. I noticed when I pulled it out that I had a nice puddle under my car. It seems the fluid came out of the transmission casing. There is a 1\2 inch breather\gap (I guess) where the bell housing \transfer case is under the car...and the fluid is leaking out of there. However, the fluid in my resevoir is still full, and my car is still shifting pretty nice.

Should I be concerned about this and if so, What is the problem???

Well, PROBALY is just old fluid from when you were bleeding it the other day...just finally finding a way out of teh bell.

If pedal still feels good, and keep eye on fluid level over next week or so, and everything is fine, willing to bet, is just old fluid from bleeding teh other day..
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Thanks man...appreciate the help. Fluid is still good and clutch is working.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jdcamaro99
Thanks man...appreciate the help. Fluid is still good and clutch is working.
Sounds like you are golden.

Quick Reply: clutch fluid leak???