Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problem shifting after clutch change

Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem shifting after clutch change

I had the Mcleod Twin disk installed after the Spec went out. Since then this car is impossible to drive. It is very very difficult to get into reverse, one time becoming impossible. It is really hard shifting pretty much in all gears. The place that installed the clutch removed the air from the hydraulics and it shifted a little better but it just got worse. It didn't shift this bad before the clutch change so what could be the problem.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

did you get the adj master like they recommend with the twin disk? I have street twin in my car
Old 09-27-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taws6m6
did you get the adj master like they recommend with the twin disk? I have street twin in my car
Yes, he put the adjustable master cylinder in.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

did they blench bleed the master? I had hell with mine too when I got it. I was able to fix it with a mighty vac when I exhausted all my other options. When its difficult, have you tried double pumping the pedal? And if so, does it get easy? If it gets easy after a few pumps, you probably still have some air trapped in there. Since its already in, the easiest thing to start with would probably be a might vac, all you gotta do is pop the hood and you're there. I had literally bled for hours and used a can of fluid. I put the vac in there and pulled tons of air out. It also makes me wonder if they even adjusted the master correctly. If its not fully disengaging, you're gonna have hell getting it in gear too. One way to tell, is to get the car in the air, put it in 1st, hold down the clutch, if the rear tires are moving its not disengaging. When I adjust mine, I hold down the clutch, put in gear, and rev it up a good bit, if the tires move while I rev it, I add just a tad of pedal travel to the master for more disengagement. Good luck

Search this Thread