Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shorter OEM concentric slave/throwout? F-body v Vette v Fords v ???

Old 09-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shorter OEM concentric slave/throwout? F-body v Vette v Fords v ???

Howdy,

I'm looking for T56 Guru level knowledge! I'm converting a 1966 GTO with a 428 Pontiac from a TH400 to a LS1 T56 using the McLeod modular bellhousing and I'm having trouble with the 2002 F-body slave being too thick. I'd really like to use factory hydraulic pieces for easy availability at any local parts store in case of parts failures 500mi from home in deliverance country. I've tried using the 2002 Trans Am clutch master cylinder and CSC/slave, but the CSC is just a good 0.5" too thick to fit the Mcleod clutch when the assembly is completely stacked.

Question: Does anyone know of an OEM CSC shorter then the Fbody OEM units I could test out that would still have enough throw to actuate my McLeod diaphram clutch? Does anyone know the thickness of the F-body, GTO, Silverado, Mustang, Ford Ranger or other bolt on-type CSC/Slaves/Throwout assemblies that might work with the T56. I don't mind slightly modifying my t56 front adapter plate with my Tig to make the bolt patterns on the different CSCs work or other minor customizations.

Again, I am trying to avoid a $500 aftermarket slave setups and looking for OEM parts if possible. I'm on the verge of ordering one of each OEM setups from my local parts store to compare though before doing so I though I'd ask the experts here for advice! Is the Ram aftermarket CSC my only option, or anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks so very much!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

The GTO/Monaro CSC (TUEP 5130) and CTS-V CSC (TUEP 2203) have 'at rest' heights of approximately 3.50"; don't know about the Ford apps.

George

Search this Thread