Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

roasting the clutch and more...

Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roasting the clutch and more...

Ok, so I've had my car for about 3mo. and 3k miles(98 TA M6 42k miles) basically stock (catback, cai, wheels).
Now, I've only spun the clutch twice, once while trying to figure out just how to launch it off the line, and once trying to bang 2nd while spinning the 275's. But it seems like my clutch doesn't grip as well as it should.

2nd, while just cruising around occassionall while upshifting or down shifting 1st or 3rd with the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, i'll grind the damn gear, and have to pump the clutch.

The questions I have are:
is that normal?
and wtf can it be?

thanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by goof4080
Ok, so I've had my car for about 3mo. and 3k miles(98 TA M6 42k miles) basically stock (catback, cai, wheels).
Now, I've only spun the clutch twice, once while trying to figure out just how to launch it off the line, and once trying to bang 2nd while spinning the 275's. But it seems like my clutch doesn't grip as well as it should.

2nd, while just cruising around occassionall while upshifting or down shifting 1st or 3rd with the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, i'll grind the damn gear, and have to pump the clutch.

The questions I have are:
is that normal?
and wtf can it be?

thanks.
No, not normal. COULD be a hydro issue (pump pedal) and weak clutch (slipping).

Now, when was last time you bled the system or flushed teh fluid?

Might want to start there, and fix/figure out one problem at a time.

If in need of a clutch (if yours is slipping), I am a dealer for Monster Clutches, and have everything from mild to wild to suit your needs.
You can check out my site below in my sig or this page here:
http://www.morrismotorsports.net/mon...hes_levels_i-v

Any questions, give me a shout (call tomorrow) or PM/email and I will get you taken care of.

By teh way, I JUST finished up a Level 2 rebuild and sold a Level 3 clutch to a guy up there by Joliet.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Gotcha, i haven't flushed any fluids yet other than oil. I was gonna wait until i had it up for the front brakes and just do all the systems. I'll add the clutch hydralics to the list and let u know how it goes.

Search this Thread