Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help, clutch dropped to the floor and hydrolic fluid leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, clutch dropped to the floor and hydrolic fluid leaking

I just bought a 2001 Z28 about 2 months ago and just recently hit 30,000 miles. The guy I bought it from said that he had a problem with the clutch sticking every so often and paid 1400 to have it fixed at the GM dealership. From what I understand a new master cylinder was replaced and possibly some other parts. The repair was done within the last year. Today I was driving along and when I went to shift the clutch went to the floor with no pressure and would not come back up. The hydrolic resovoir is empty and there is fluid leaking. The car starts but will not go into gear and the transmission is hissing when the car is on. I am going to see if the repair is under warranty still but what do you guys think is wrong with it and how would you go about getting it repaired?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If it is leaking from the bellhousing your slave is shot, if not it could be a bad line or your Master Cyl is shot.

If it's the slave the tranny has got to come out to get it replaced. Parts are not expensive the damn labor getting it out is. I picked up a slave for 100 bucks and a master was like 120 for a stocker.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

For your setup, buy a stock mc and slave. Call it a day. I would go ahead and do them both at same time (even though MC has been replaced).
Old 10-14-2009, 10:16 AM
CARTEK Racing

I had something similar happen to me when the pin that holds the line into the factory master cylinder worked its way out over time and the line poped out of the master.

I would check for that.

All they had to do was put the line back in, put another pin in, bleed, fill with fluid and I was good to go.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM
FormerVendor

If the reservoir is empty then you have a leak. The most likely cause is a blown Slave but Masters can leak as well. You can use OE parts or if you want to save some money and get the same thing give me a call as I have both of these on the shelf. I am in the office until 5pm. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Help, clutch dropped to the floor and hydrolic fluid leaking