Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch choice for cam/spray/boltons

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch choice for cam/spray/boltons

what is a good clutch that wont slip or stick with mods in sig plus a 150 shot? what are good brands and which are the cheapest clutches? also do i just buy the clutch kit or do i need to buy a new master cylinder ect.? what do you reccomend buying while i swap it out? also what is the t-56 good for up to hp wise?
Old 10-15-2009, 04:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you really planning to make realitive to torque output? I ask because this is the primary concern relative to clutch capacity.

As for answers to your other questions:
I may be biased but I think our kits are very good. I suppose you realize that you are asking a loaded questions because every manufacture that chimes in will say the same thing and you will also get a smattering of "I like this brand" or "I don't like this brand" and you have to take so much of the stuff you see on forums with a grain of salt.

That being said I suggest that you either resurface your stock flywheel (as long as it hasn't been cut before) or buy a new one (we offer steel and aluminum). I also suggest that you replace the slave while you have the transmission off as well (these are known for being a bit problematic and its better to address the issue before it becomes an issue).

You will likely get a lot of different answers regarding the capacity of the T56. There are folks that seemingly get loads of power through them without issue and then there are those that have repeated trans issues with little more than stock power. We have a car here in-house that is putting 500lb.-ft to the wheels with a stock transmission and he hasn'thad any issues...but like mentioned above...it's relative!

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Another thing to pick up will be a new rear end lol.

But as the man said, each manufacturer will want you to buy from them.

Now to just simply answer your question, ill assume you want a clutch to drag race with

So the least you need to look at is
Spec 3, 3+
Monster LVL 3+
And for the baller in you, look in to textrilla, Mccleods, etc

As Jeremy said, plan on a new flywheel(most will tell you to just replace it) and slave. Thats the basics youll need, if you want to get the most out of the clutch, try a tick master cyl, Everybody seems to be getting great results out of them, I havnt personally used it, but most likely will try it. But like i said with the added aggressive clutch, that 10 bolt will hate you.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Fidanza 4.3 + aluminum flywheel

Quick Reply: clutch choice for cam/spray/boltons