Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

reviews for tranny swap

Old 11-25-2009, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reviews for tranny swap

ok i have read a4 to m6 swap info and learned many things as well as talking to various people. what i would like to kno is reviews from people who have done this. i have a 2002 z28 by the way. like has anything gone terribly wrong from doing the tranny swap to m6 or was is smooth transition. i still dont kno if i want a shop or myself and friends to try it. (replaced my engine and it wasnt too bad) just really want feedback from people that have done this. thnx guys
Old 12-05-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would also like to know the answer to this.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am putting a t56 in my 73 camaro. i know yours is a 02 so will be alot easier. but heres some things to remember. Pedal assembly. thats prob your biggest deal. also you will need to modify your computer tune, hp or edit can easily delete any old autotranny programming. center Consoles are different (of course) also hole in floor is just a tad smaller and will need to be enlarged. (not a bid deal at all) and lastly youll need to change your flexplate to a flywheel. and maybe drive shaft. (i dont know the lengths of the two)
back to the pedal assembly, which is what i am currently working on in my car, i recently purchased a whole pedal assembly (from 98-02 camaro) off ebay for like 30$. it has brake gas and clutch pedal all in a bolt in assembly. it had all the sensors inplace too. then i purchased a master cylinder off ebay for $80. all that is easy and bolts together. it will be hard finding a way to manuver it all into my car, but yours should simply bolt in and out, in addition all the wiring for the clutch saftey switch sould be there in your car and all you would have to do is plug it up. So all in all i would try to tackle it if i were you!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: reviews for tranny swap