Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia 40,000 mile review with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Textralia 40,000 mile review with a few questions

Just thought I'd throw up a little review since I'm done with this clutch.

Bought it for my daily driven headers/cam/9" setup. I drove this clutch in COUNTLESS hours of los angeles stop and go traffic. It has 40,000 miles on it. It worked amazingly before I did the cam/headers. Slipped fairly easy, but was still very sticky, never slipped, and still does not slip.

I dont know how people say this thing has a light pedal, because everyone that gets in my car, first thing, WOW WTF this clutch pedal is STIFF, how do you do drive this thing? Doesn't bother me though. Clutch held enough to bog the car on a 6700rpm clutch dump on slicks. Only problem I have had with it, is now that I have cammed my car, the clutch wont release above 6000rpms.

I sold my 9" and am gearing more towards a street car than a track car, so no need for the super sticky clutch and 9" etc. I got a LS6 clutch from a friend for cheap, just going to use that for now even though I know it wont hold up to any launches etc, but I dont do much of that anymore so I'm sure it will work fine.

Stock master and slave were used for the life of the clutch, never had any disengagement issues until I cammed the car.

My only question is, I bought the LS6 clutch setup without any of the bolts and am just wondering if my ARP flywheel AND pressure plate bolts will work with the stock setup? I will post pictures after I get the clutch out of the car, I'm sure its pretty worn out, but I am excited to see what it looks like.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

I assume you are running the OZ700 single disc?
I drove that clutch and it was a ***** cat compared to their twin disc.

LS6 clutch will hold your power level just fine.... just don't hot lap it. Let it cool down.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

I dont even plan on racing the car anymore, it's only going to be a street car. Glad to know it will work fine.

Anyone know if the textralia ARP pressure plate and flywheel bolts will work with the stock clutch?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

ttt anyone know about the bolts?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

bolts should work, have the same clutch people tell me the same thing but i dont think that its all that bad. might as well put master cylinder in it will its apart to fix shifting issue cause it wont go away until you do!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brandon janeway
bolts should work, have the same clutch people tell me the same thing but i dont think that its all that bad. might as well put master cylinder in it will its apart to fix shifting issue cause it wont go away until you do!
The stock master will work fine with the stock clutch.

Quick Reply: Textralia 40,000 mile review with a few questions