Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch, slave, or air....or all of the above?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch, slave, or air....or all of the above?

still trying to fix my pedal on the floor syndrome at high rpm shifting. had heads and cam done to my car months ago and ever since then the pedal has been sticking at high rpm shifts. normal driving is great, replaced the master a couple months ago with just a new stocker. didnt help at all, bled it with a mity vac? tried the coventional bleed but very hard to close the bleeder valve sometimes. so is there any truth to the pressure plate not being able to handle the horsepower and causing the slave to stick? i dont know what clutch is in the car, but it holds, does not slip at all, but lately just getting on it in 1st (burnouts) the pedal fades and then sticks half the time. there is no oil dripping out of the bell housing at all, none!!! so could i have not bled it all the way, is there a better way that mity vac? what clutch is recommended for 420rwhp, nothing fancy just something that will hold the power and the 6500rpm shifts? last i have a new slave just havnt been motivated enough to pull the tranny yet, and actually dont have the money to do the clutch at this time, so im kinda waiting to see if i need one of those while i got the tranny out...thanks in advance for any opinions, suggestions or anything else!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having the exact same problem. I would venture to say the master, but I'm not 100% sure, either. My plan is to get the Tick Master, new slave, and remote bleeder and hope that it cures the problem. I have an LS7 clutch and LS2 flywheel that were purchased new when I put in my 383. Was fine when I first got the motor in, but it has gotten progressively worse since. Pain in the ***!! Built the motor, but can't get on it!!