clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch?

Posted this in the texas section but figured id post here as well:

Ok besides everything possible going wrong with it, yet again, something else

When the car is cold. it will NOT, i repeat will NOT go into reverse. You cant even make it go into reverse. Had the tranny rebuilt and a new clutch put in about 10k miles ago maybe less. I dont know if i should call the guy or not. Very reputable guy. Also, when its cold, you have to really force the car into first. And when its cold again, it will scratch 4th gear, everytime even with clutch fully pressed. Once the car warms up however, all is fine. for the most part.

Is this is new issue? or should i be calling my tranny guy? now that its cold outside here in texas, has this issue arose. Before when it was warm, i rarely had this problem. But now. in the mornings, i have to wait 5-10 mins before the car will even go into reverse. This cant be right.

Any ideas guys? i dont want to call and complain to my repair guy, but its getting to where i dont want to drive the damn thing. I did however, have a few other thigns repaired when he did the tranny. cant remember but it was something he said i should get since the tranny was out. This is just getting to be no fun any more. and i CANT spend any more money

EDIT::: even under normal driving conditions, it sometimes gives issues going into gear. Im starting to think its the clutch. Not to mention the clutch will only fully engage if the pedal is all way to the floor and will start to disengage once ne presure is off of it.
and YES im pressing the clutch ALL the way in lol
EDIT2::: if sitting completely still, and if i have clutch all the way in, and put it into first gear, it kinda barely slightly noticabley jerks forward a few inches....
Old 12-16-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did he just put a clutch in or did he replace the slave and master cylinder? The slave is what moves the clutch in and out. If not how many miles are on them. What oil is in the tranny? Some oils cause problems when its cold, but normally only notchy. Could be the reverse lockout solenoid also, make sure that is connected and good.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he replaced somethign else that "might as well be replaced with the tranny out"

im going to get the receipt on my lunch break
Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He probably replaced the slave while the tranny was out. If the slave is new, I would try a new master. If the car is tough to get into gear from a stop, and its engaging right off the floor you simply aren't getting enough disengagement/movement at the tob. A new gm master may fix the issue, but we sell an adjustable master that would most likely take care of your issues. http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...aulics/#master The stock master just isn't up to the task of disengaging many of the aftermarket clutches out there.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you John. I will more then likely be buying after the first of the year. However i have an update
I tried this morning.. WITH TEH CAR OFF, and it goes into gear just fine both firsst and reverse. does this change ne thing
Old 12-18-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I believe thats because the clutch doesnt fully release, allowing the tranny still to spin, with the engine off, there is nothing spinning, allowing it to go into gear.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

get the tick adjustable mc. definitely worth it. get the remote bleeder line too. money well spent

Quick Reply: clutch?