T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
Sponsored by
McLeod Clutch

T56 swap questions

Old 01-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
On The Tree

Trader Rating: 9
Default T56 swap questions

So I'm getting ready to do a A4 - M6 swap and I'm going over the list of parts that I'll need and I seem to be missing these:

-M6 Transmission Mount Bracket
-Torque Arm Mount

I've searched for these in the classifieds and I haven't come up with anything. Does anyone know where I can order these other than a dealership or at a junkyard? I found this http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2498 on thews6store but I think it's just the bushing. Thanks for the insight!

'99 Z28 - 6.0 LQ9, MS3 cam, True duals w/flowmaster single chambers, A4 - T56 swap, MGW short throw, the usual bolt-ons, blah blah blah...
412/392 - Complete Street Performance tuned
Sold, unfortunately...
99Zeeeeeeeeee28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38

keep looking in the for sale thread you will find it you cant buy them from anywebsite
2000 Red t/a m6 swapped mods: Torquer 2 112lsa, ls7 Clutch, 3.73's , underdrive and altenator pulley, Ls6 intake, pacesetter longtubes and offroad y, magnaflow exhaust, qtp electric cutout, lid, ported and polished throttle body, and free mods...
idle clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E2vuUl0gdQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBird2000 View Post
Your car is liking taking pics of a hot naked chick.... no wrong way in doing it.
therobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Zeeeeeeeeee28 View Post
-M6 Transmission Mount Bracket
Is this the mount between the trans and cross-member? I have a used one in good shape.. It's yours for shipping if you want it.

T56 swap questions-100_9565sm.jpg
85MikeTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38

i think he means tq arm mount its diffrent for a m6
2000 Red t/a m6 swapped mods: Torquer 2 112lsa, ls7 Clutch, 3.73's , underdrive and altenator pulley, Ls6 intake, pacesetter longtubes and offroad y, magnaflow exhaust, qtp electric cutout, lid, ported and polished throttle body, and free mods...
idle clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E2vuUl0gdQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBird2000 View Post
Your car is liking taking pics of a hot naked chick.... no wrong way in doing it.
therobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Zeeeeeeeeee28 View Post
I've searched for these in the classifieds and I haven't come up with anything. Does anyone know where I can order these other than a dealership or at a junkyard? I found this http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2498 on thews6store but I think it's just the bushing. Thanks for the insight!
The link you posted is just a polyurethane bushing, it doesn't include the two pieces of the actual mount. If you can't find them in a junkyard or on here, then the dealer still sells these. Part #'s are 10252374 and 10252375.

If you were referring to the transmission mount as well, which I assume you were, get either the 1LE tranny mount or a polyurethane one. You can pick up the poly mount at any auto parts store.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
Is this the mount between the trans and cross-member? I have a used one in good shape.. It's yours for shipping if you want it.

Attachment 209126
Yeah, I've got that part, I just need the actual bracket. Thanks anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan7 View Post
The link you posted is just a polyurethane bushing, it doesn't include the two pieces of the actual mount. If you can't find them in a junkyard or on here, then the dealer still sells these. Part #'s are 10252374 and 10252375.

If you were referring to the transmission mount as well, which I assume you were, get either the 1LE tranny mount or a polyurethane one. You can pick up the poly mount at any auto parts store.
Sweet! I'll have to go to the dealership then and see how much they'll want for them. As for the mount, the part that 85MikeTPI posted a pic of, I have. That is the tranny mount correct? This is my first time looking at the transmissions on these cars and I'm not entirely sure what is what. Thanks for the help.

'99 Z28 - 6.0 LQ9, MS3 cam, True duals w/flowmaster single chambers, A4 - T56 swap, MGW short throw, the usual bolt-ons, blah blah blah...
412/392 - Complete Street Performance tuned
Sold, unfortunately...
99Zeeeeeeeeee28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arm, ls1tech, mount, t56, torque, transmission, urethane