Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

O'Reillys Master engaging right at floor...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O'Reillys Master engaging right at floor...

Anyone had any luck with them? I installed one on my 01 w/out bench bleeding it and couldn't get a pedal to save my life. I finally used a mity vac and it firmed right up, but the pedal would go soft after driving and was kinda hard to put in gear.

Well I exchanged that one for another one figuring 20pounds ruined the seals. This time I half ***'d bench bleed the master upon installation. I put the mity vac on it at 12lbs like GM recommends and hardly got any bubbles out of it... but still couldnt get the car to go into gear at all. I ended up bleeding it the old fashioned way and got a pedal, but it engages less than an inch off the floor. I have since tried the mity vac again, gravity bleed, and used my g/f to pump the clutch. I gravity bleed it for about 30 minutes refilling the reservoir 3-4 times, with out it going dry of course.

Anyone have any advice as to what I should do next or what it could be? I don't think it's air in the system, but who knows.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well we bleed it again by pressing the pedal to the floor, opening the valve, letting fluid drain, closing valve, then releasing slowly. I must have filled the resivior 3-4 times and still have a crappy feeling pedal.

I have never driven a stock hydraulic f-body before... is this normal? Maybe I might just be used to cars with a cable.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Sounds normal to me I replaced my master on my 99 TA with an O'Reillys replacement and it works just fine. Hydraulic seemed to have a lot softer pedal than my old 00 mustang gt cable system. The TA hydraulic is easier on my foot than the mustang was.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I drove it around the block and noticed the pedal doesnt come back very fast and you have to have the pedal to the floor to get it in gear. Something is definitely wrong here.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you had pedal, but it goes away, I would look for a faulty line or slave cylinder. Something is seeping air, obviously.

Quick Reply: O'Reillys Master engaging right at floor...