Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal ticks and Monster clutch growls

Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal ticks and Monster clutch growls

I have a ticking sound from my clutch pedal that speeds up with the rpm's. I can push in just enough to allow the pedal to get pressure and it will stop. Doesn't do it all the time. Also, the pedal vibrates badly if I just rest my foot on it. I replaced the slave and that other bearing on the shaft less than a year ago with the clutch. Also have a tick mc.

I've installed a monster clutch 3.5 with chromoly flywheel less than a year ago. For about a month now, the clutch has developed a SEVERE chatter from a stand still or shifting gears. From a roll, I can't make it NOT chatter, growl, or groan. It's to the point where the chatter will shake my podhard bar and lca's. I know they are shaking because they're rod ended and I hear them hitting the brackets. If I try to slip the clutch it will make a slipping growling sound. If I try to just let the clutch catch and not slip, it growls like its slipping. If I try to slip it just enough so it doesn't growl then it chatters badly and almost bounces the rear end like wheel hop. If I try to navigate through a parking lot and don't want to be embarrassed with the growling then the rear end looks like its bouncing due to the chatter. It always had a little bit of chatter which was tolerable but now its alot worse.

Yes, I've tried to "clean" off the clutch disk by shifting at wot. Didn't work just makes the rear end hop badly.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anybody
Old 01-15-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You must be talking about the noise that sounds like a gang of turkies. Mine comes and goes, but seems to be worse in cold weather. SNL told me it was a slightly glazed surface that needs to be cleaned off by dumping it. I've never had good enough tires to put the clutch to work (and just recently a good enough rear to beat the crap out of it). It seems to go away as the drivetrain gets warmer though, unless I really slip it.

Mines a chromoly f/w and Monster III.

The ticking sound from the pedal has got me
Old 01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Instead of posting this, give us a call at the shop so we can figure this out.

Matt
817-750-2000
Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Rear main leak?

Search this Thread