Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master cylinder problem??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master cylinder problem??

After i got my car tuned for the new motor i started to have a problem with the trans. I can shift 1st and 2nd fine, but if i run into high rpms in 3rd or 4th the clutch gets heavy, and wont shift into any gear. I have to pump the clutch a few times to get it to go into a gear. Is this a MC problem or is this someting else? This week im going to take the MC out and do the drill mod, heat wrap the line, and put in dot4 instead of dot3. Do you think this will fix the problem?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by franksaltz28
After i got my car tuned for the new motor i started to have a problem with the trans. I can shift 1st and 2nd fine, but if i run into high rpms in 3rd or 4th the clutch gets heavy, and wont shift into any gear. I have to pump the clutch a few times to get it to go into a gear. Is this a MC problem or is this someting else? This week im going to take the MC out and do the drill mod, heat wrap the line, and put in dot4 instead of dot3. Do you think this will fix the problem?

Honestly the drill mod is a band aid...been there with all the shifting issues. Clutch changes, bearings, slaves, and currently a Ram adjustable master.....soon to be getting the Tick Performance MC. As of now the car sits with bad syncros do to engagement/disengagement problems with the MC as the cause.

My advice get the Tick MC and save yourself the headaches!!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS1875
Honestly the drill mod is a band aid...been there with all the shifting issues. Clutch changes, bearings, slaves, and currently a Ram adjustable master.....soon to be getting the Tick Performance MC. As of now the car sits with bad syncros do to engagement/disengagement problems with the MC as the cause.

My advice get the Tick MC and save yourself the headaches!!
Actually, i was planning on gitting a tick MC if i rebuilt the t56. i have annother thread discussing wether i should rebuild the t56 or get a built auto.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It might not be the master cylinder. I went though this a couple months ago and I was experiencing the same thing you are. Here's what happened to me:

New fluid (dot4) and a good bleed= helped a little
Drill mod= didn't help that much
New Tick master= helped a lot, but got worse over time. I had to keep adjusting it out.
New slave= didn't help that much
New clutch= shifts like a dream all the time. Bad pressure plate was the cause.

Quick Reply: Master cylinder problem??