Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod street twin issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod street twin issues

I am running a Mcleod adjustable master cylinder and a street twin in my application and have shimmed the clutch 4 times attempting to get it to release at high RPMs. I have checked all of my clearances and everything is within range. I have even went as far as to reshim the pressure plate fingers this last time for one was setting slightly higher then the other two and still havent had any luck. I am very disappointed that I have invested this much into a clutch that I have not made one good high rpm shift with. I am really considering going back to a single disc. Also thought that I might add that the truck starts to pull at aroung 5000rpms with the clutch depressed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

..RJ..
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Am I the only one who has issues with these clutches not releasing?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Who did you buy the clutch from?
2. Have you tried contacting McLeod directly?

I know Speed Inc in the Chicagoland area has a decent amount of experience with these clutches - if you bought it from them, I'd give them a call and see if they have any suggestions. Something doesn't sound right here - if I'm not mistaken, their adjustable master cylinder has a larger bore than the stocker, so you should be pushing enough fluid (or at least be able to) to fully disengage that clutch.

When you installed everything, did you make sure the friction disks could slide on the input shaft freely? I'd assume that they would, but if something got nicked along the way, that might cause problems...probably not much help, but I haven't had any personal experience with their clutch, and I have yet to install the RPS twin that is still sitting in my office.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Give me a call and we'll figure it out. 714 630 2764 X 237
Old 06-10-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

What happened because mine has been nothing but a pain in the *** since day one. I am ready to take mine out
Old 06-10-2011, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got done putting in the RXT twin in mine, everything works fine and I didnt put a single shim anywhere.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Must be a setup issue somewhere.Is it the older 3 finger design or the new one? The 3 finger design needed shims but had to be carefull to setup the floater plate shims too. The new design needs no shims.We've shifted them at 7400rpm no problem.

Quick Reply: Mcleod street twin issues