Gear Engagement Issue

Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear Engagement Issue

Gear Engagement Issue-pressure-plate.jpg

Gear Engagement Issue-clutch-disk-1.jpg

Gear Engagement Issue-clutch-disk-2.jpg

Ok, i have a 01 camaro SS with 50k miles on it. Its bolt on putting 370rwhp. Last year i replaced my stock clutch to Clutchmasters FX300, also slave cylinder.. I have put around 3000 - 4000 miles on it. Past saturday, while i was racing i realized that it was getting hard for me to put it in any gear. So i drove it home and shut the engine off, gear shifts perfect but when engine running, its very hard to engage in gear. Also when it goes in any forward gear. the car moves forward just a little bit and the same on reverse.Car starts to move just as i start releasing the clutch as of before it used to have about 2 - 3 inches clearance from the floor when i released it.

Fluid is full, pedal dont stick. i pulled my transmission out couple hours ago and everything looks normal besides my disk where it only seemed to grab on the inside of the disk. You should be able to see on the pics i downloaded.

So im just stunned right now. Im not sure if its a bad slave or master cylinder.

Note i never bleed the clutch even when i installed it.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 8UR - SVT
Note i never bleed the clutch even when i installed it.
Bleed the clutch, then come back and go from there if it doesn't solve your issues.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply, i read alot of threads in this site and came to a conclusion that i need to replace my master cylinder and slave while its out even the slave has only 3 - 4k miles on it. But im not sure if i should buy a stock GM master cylinder or a adjustable one from Tickshift.com.

And yea i will bleed the hydraulics this time...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gear Engagement Issue