Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

stick pulled out of shifter on fourth gear pull

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stick pulled out of shifter on fourth gear pull

I have a stock shifter in my 2000 SS, I was ****** around on the highway the other day and when I slammed fourth the shifter stick pulled out of the shifter, has this ever happened to anyone before, I tried searching it but I found nothing........its not a big deal, ill just go buy a shifter but i was just wondering why it happened
Old 03-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mylittlez06
I have a stock shifter in my 2000 SS, I was ****** around on the highway the other day and when I slammed fourth the shifter stick pulled out of the shifter, has this ever happened to anyone before, I tried searching it but I found nothing........its not a big deal, ill just go buy a shifter but i was just wondering why it happened

the shifter handle is just held on my two bolts to the shifter assembly. they do rattle and take a lot of vibration which could cause it to come loose sooner or later. my guess is its been off before because there should be lock tight on it.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by nobird8991
the shifter handle is just held on my two bolts to the shifter assembly. they do rattle and take a lot of vibration which could cause it to come loose sooner or later. my guess is its been off before because there should be lock tight on it.
I thought the stock shifter sat inside a rubber grommet and the socket was bolted down. Piece of junk. I tossed mine within 7 days of coming from the factory.

This is a sign from the gods that its time to get an aftermarket shifter! (They are great!)
Old 03-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wssix99
I thought the stock shifter sat inside a rubber grommet and the socket was bolted down. Piece of junk. I tossed mine within 7 days of coming from the factory.

This is a sign from the gods that its time to get an aftermarket shifter! (They are great!)
hahaha thanks, Im probly gonna get a pro 5.0 with the lou's short stick
Old 03-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wssix99

you can unbolt the shifter handle right under the leather boot.

Quick Reply: stick pulled out of shifter on fourth gear pull