Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

noise/wont go in gear after full throtte pass

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default noise/wont go in gear after full throtte pass

was driving home took off in 3rd, shifted to 4th smoothly, shifted to 5th, when the shifter got to the point in 5th where it should stop and be in gear, it went past and you could rock it back and forth and it would just grind with the clutch out. the only gear it would go in after that was 4th with a lil convincing and i was able to nurse it home in 4th. i got home and in the garage and noticed a loud vibration coming from the direction of the shifter and when a push the clutch in i hear what sounds like a gear slowing down then it becomes quiet until i release the clutch again.

started it today and the noise is still there the same until you press in the clutch but it will go in all the gears smoothly and shift fine until i take it out on the road and go through a couple gears then it is back to the whole not going into any gears

have a spec 3+, fidanza, acpt 3.5"ds, upgraded cartek master, and a moser 9". its a heads and cam car. i havent had any issues since i upgraded the hydraulics before this. any help would be appreciated
Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you broke something inside the transmission. Time to tear it apart.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

thanks