Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

I put in a fidanza aluminum flywheel and a ram clutch with new slave. The ram clutch did not fit right, had no guide pin holes had to make my own. The bolt holes would not line up, out just a hair had to make them bigger. WHen the car is idling it is running rough and it shakes bad as i give it gas. The clutch does not engage right and i have to pump it to get it in reverse. I think it is the wrong clutch and pressure plate. Does anybody know what a good clutch would be for the aluminum flywheel?

This is in a 1998 camaro ss.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like the whole install was jacked up, If the pressure plate is not centered on the flywheel then its gonna shake like a ****. If you are going with a whole new setup I would recommend Monster period. But I wouldnt recommend sticking with your current flywheel, their setups are designed as a set. Maybe sell your flywheel and get their lightweight flywheel. Just a few suggestions.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

I wonder if i could keep the flywheel and go with a stock clutch?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Launching!

You could of gotten the wrong flywheel. It could be balanced differently which would cause the vibration. Where did you buy everything from? Part numbers? You are going to need to pull the trans out again and I wouldn't run the motor until you get everything fixed.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

I think i have the wrong clutch i had to mod it to fit wich i realize was a big no no. It might be off center now. The stock clutch fit on the fly wheel. The fly wheel part#198571. I bought this stuff A while ago from one of the venders he said this setup would work but i think that the clutch is for a different setup its a ram Part#98931 But maybe it was boxed wrong I dont know . I am going to call tick performance in the morning maybe they can help me.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

I just realized i cant call everybodys tech is through email. I am still open to all ideas and will change the whole setup if i have to just would like to talk to a person on the phone and ask questions. I am getting mixed ideas on the aluminum flywheel I know it is more for racing. Some info says it good on the street with taller gears ( I have 411's)
Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

I talk to ram tech and they said that the vender sold me the wrong clutch. The clutch they sold me is for a zero balance flywheel. They should have sold me a matched set. They also said that clutch and pressure plate would cause vibration in the motor with a zero balance fly wheel. So now i need to just order a clutch to work on the fidanza flywheel. At least i get to pull it all apart again.