Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
Old 05-10-2016, 03:00 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevoret Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

How To Install Master Cylinder Video

Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes!!!!! Finally, a chance to install my Tick Master Cyl... It's been collecting dust cause I "don't know how!"
Old 10-11-2010, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Is the line going from under the reservoir supposed to go right past the headers? Is there another way out for that line? Mines is about 1 inch away from the header, where the line curves towards the master.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gohard
Is the line going from under the reservoir supposed to go right past the headers? Is there another way out for that line? Mines is about 1 inch away from the header, where the line curves towards the master.
Not that I know of. That's why I put heat wrap on it.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stubbs4
if no one has told you let me, YOU ARE THE FU!@#$ MAN
Originally Posted by bene
I'd buy you a beer if you are close by. Great work man.
Originally Posted by Circa307
cool video man. keep them coming
Originally Posted by Counted Out
You got the U-Bolt on in 30 seconds? I hate you. I've been stuck on that for like 2 days and the POS just won't slide in. I'm thinking of drilling one of the holes slightly bigger to allow some wiggle room.

Nice video though. Have you thought about hosting them on YouTube instead? It would only have to be one video that way.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I'm to lazy to put them on youtube, haha
Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

what suggestion do you have for bleeding through the whole system? and a suggestion on drilling through your floorpan.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by offroadfury6
what suggestion do you have for bleeding through the whole system? and a suggestion on drilling through your floorpan.
How I bleed it is I take the cap off the fluid resavior. I get in the car, pump the clutch a few times then hold the pedal to the floor and crack the bleeder screw for about 2 seconds, then retighten the bleeder screw and pull the pedal up off the floor. I can do that about 3 maybe four times before I have to refill the fluid resavior. DO NOT let the fluid resavior go completely empty or it will suck in a bunch of air and you'll have to start over from scratch. I think I refill the fluid resavior about 4 or 5 times. Then I put a mity-vac in the fluid resavior and pump the clutch to remove any excess bubbles.

For the "drilling through the floor plan" just do a search, it will tell you where to do it. I had to try twice but it was worth it!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Thanks a ton for this vid man. Really helps when people do this stuff. I have a pedal that sticks halfway when disengaging and engages really low to the floor too. Do you recommend me just bleeding it first? The fluid does look good though and I dont see any leaks present. Do you have another video available to show the video of you bleeding the system?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by firebirdlover
Thanks a ton for this vid man. Really helps when people do this stuff. I have a pedal that sticks halfway when disengaging and engages really low to the floor too. Do you recommend me just bleeding it first? The fluid does look good though and I dont see any leaks present. Do you have another video available to show the video of you bleeding the system?
Crap! Sorry I missed you, couple months too late. Yes you do need to bleed it first, really well. I don't have a video on how to bleed your clutch but I will make one in the future.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great walk through man! Now I just need to decide if I want a new stock MC or a Tick, lol.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Default question..

this is prob a dumb question but you drained all the fluid out correct.. and how did you do it
Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transamKB24
this is prob a dumb question but you drained all the fluid out correct.. and how did you do it
Sorry for the late post. All the fluid was replaced at the end when I bled my system. If you need help with bleeding it shoot me a pm.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Great vid man. School has got me set back and two kids and wife but, I just got my LS7 clutch and flywheel and was debating on doing the drill mod. Just what I needed... thanks a million.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Teching In

awesome!!!! Thanks for doing a video on this! I am experiencing a clutch pedal problem and I think I will need to perform this job.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Launching!

very nice I defiantly learned something today.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Teching In

great video. i'm replacing the whole clutch hydraulics system in my lt1 t/a as soon as the new parts come in the mail. i know it's a slightly different set-up with the lt1's externally mounted slave, but i'm pretty sure the master is mounted the same way as in your ls1. at least that's what i'm hoping, in which case this vid will be a huge help, as far as actually getting the thing in there, and connecting the pedal linkage. so thanks in advance!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed in the video, you have headers... it possible to remove the master cylinder on a 100% stock car? (2000 t/a, ls1 m6)

The DS cat. is very close and in the way of removing the master cylinder from the bottom. I just wanna know if its possible before tackling it tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure if you will be able to remove it from the bottom. But if you can't just fuss with it for a while till you get it out the top.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Teching In

You are a fantastic resource. Thank you for your contribution. After 2-3hrs. of just trying to get the master cylinder out, your vid renewed our efforts. My son and I were thinking we would have to move the brake booster to get it out. After watching your vid, tomorrow we tackle it with a renewed confidence.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm glad the video could help. The master cylinder can be very frustrating at times. Just take your time and it's gotta come out some how. Like my Dad always told me, "It wasn't born there!"
Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
I'm glad the video could help. The master cylinder can be very frustrating at times. Just take your time and it's gotta come out some how. Like my Dad always told me, "It wasn't born there!"
I like your dad! I will use that saying. Thanks again for sharing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How To Install Master Cylinder Video