Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Still some problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still some problems?

So after 5 times dropping my trans, checking and re-checking everything to make sure its all correct, my car is still very hard to get in 1st, and reverse. It grinds and I have to rev match to shift to second and it grinds..why is this stuff happening? At a dead stop, when i push it in 1st the car lunges forward alittle with my clutch all the way to the floor, I have bleed her for 4 days straight with mity vac, gravity, pressure, suction you name it , ive done it. I leaning towards spending 400 for the tick master or 700 for monster stg 2 kit. I have a vds dual disk ram clutch, with shim and new slave. new adjustible master. Any ideas why its doing that?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

If you have a dual disk are you sure that the master is adjusted right
Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem you are having is caused by the clutch not disengaging properly those are all the symptoms of that issue. I read that you bled the system every way imaginable and new slave and master (adjustable) are you certain that you have it adjusted correctly? You need to be pushing the slave in further to release the disc from the pressure plate. Is this a fresh install? If so did you have your flywheel re-surfaced,, How much? the measurement to determine if you need a shim is exact. Some clutches need a shim some dont, if you use a clutch that needs a shim, and then throw a surfaced flywheel on top of that, you could have a slave not pushing far enough and causing disengagement issues.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Staging Lane

So what do I do lol. What ? Buy a complete monster stg 2 or 3 and say fk u shim bs! Ok. Sounds good lol. Thanks guys for all the help. Now only If I can figure out why my car pulls to the right when I accelerate hard lol. Damn trq arm! Lol. Sigh.