Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bleeding Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding Help

So i just finished up the drill mod tonight and i have zero pressure in my clutch pedal. it either stays in the up position or when depressed, it stays down. I think i just need to bleed to the system now but i feel like there is no way i can access the bleeder screw. no tools i have will fit in that tiny spot and i cant fit my hands in there to reach it. Will bleeding put pressure back in my clutch? and if so, what do i need to access the bleeder screw? thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you will need to bleed the system because you introduced air into the system. Here is something from the sticky's. Check out number 2 and 3. https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ere-first.html
Old 04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by araber89
Yes you will need to bleed the system because you introduced air into the system. Here is something from the sticky's. Check out number 2 and 3. https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ere-first.html
thanks for the info, yea i read all of that stuff already. i dont have the resources to cut a hole in the metal, but i was just wondering if there was an easy method to reach the screw
Old 04-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

i finally got access to the bleeder screw and ive been messing with it for an hour now. I cant build any pressure at all. what do i do??
Old 04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

i need to get the car running by tomorrow, im buying a new master cylinder tomorrow morning from bennet auto. im hoping that this is the problem. Am i doing the right thing?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you probably don't need a new master cylinder. a couple weeks ago when i was bleeding my clutch the pedal had no pressure, so what i did was i started pumping it in between having the valve cracked open and it started building pressure a lot quicker.

if you have a friend helping you with pressing the pedal its not too hard.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000TransAmWS6
you probably don't need a new master cylinder. a couple weeks ago when i was bleeding my clutch the pedal had no pressure, so what i did was i started pumping it in between having the valve cracked open and it started building pressure a lot quicker.

if you have a friend helping you with pressing the pedal its not too hard.
yea we tried everything all day today and couldnt get any pressure at all.. plus i just had my whole system cleaned and professionally bled 2 weeks ago.. after one week, that brand new fluid turned black. So im blaming that on my master. My clutch has been sticking so i need to replace it anyway. Are the advance auto part master cylinders okay? or should i order a gm one? i cant spend 300 on an adjustable
Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

i replaced the master with a 120 dollar one from bennett auto supply. Just finished installing it. The clutch feels 1000x better. No more spongy feeling and no more sticking!! Although it took a long *** time to bleed.. about 2 hours to be exact... but at least everythings fixed now.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two hours!!!!!! Dad and I did mine I think in less then ten minutes.... You should really look into a speed bleeder from Tick next time. Good to hear you got things rollin again.

Quick Reply: Bleeding Help