Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problems

Old 04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problems

I had the "clutch pedal to the floor" problem. I desided to not guess and check so i replaced everything. Put a Master cylinder, monster clutch 2+, new slave, lightweight flywheel, pilot bearing. And now i let it break in for 1000 miles. Seemed to be doing good. Lots of clutch pedal pressure. Possibly not engaging until the clutch pedal was close to the top. But still seems to be working well. Went to the track the other day to put some real use into itand now I have problems shifting into every gear. Very hard to push into all gears. Also when I slow try to put it into gear the car moves slighty like it is not disengaging all the way. Anyone have any Ideas? I called Monster and they said no shims were needed. I though maybe I forced the Trans input shaft in and messed the pilot bearing up. I am going to drop the trans tonight and check it out. Please help??!!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

do you have a stock gm master in it?drill mod? i would double check and try bleeding the system again before taking the tranny out...if it still acts the same then it sounds like a master cylinder problem
Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Teching In

yes i put the 01,02 gm master cylinder in and i had already done the drill mod before i put the new master in
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Are there any other takers? If not I think I will start with the Pilot bearing. Bleed it like crazy.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Teching In

yeah pulled the trans last night and noticed it was ridiculously dirty. I don't know if it from the clutch from it slipping alot or something. It is also wet inside the bell housing, oil maybe?? And the input shaft from the trans is not completely smooth. It looks like when a bearing has worn out on a rod, so i assume that it shouldnt be like that and that the pilot has somehow messed up. Will post some pictures soon.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Teching In

I cleaned all of this before I put the new clutch in. It is even dirtier that when i took it off in the first place.
Input shaft
Dirty Bellhousing I think its oil?
Attached Thumbnails Clutch Problems-snc00054.jpg   Clutch Problems-snc00078.jpg   Clutch Problems-snc00082.jpg  
Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Teching In

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/a...ch%20Problems/

More pics after the clutch was taken off...

Search this Thread