Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

grinding in every gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grinding in every gear

went to the track and had my tq arm mount come off the rear and every since my trannys giving me a problem

at first it wouldnt go in 1st or 2nd but after changing the fluid it went into both fine then started grinding is different gears and got to the point where it would go in every gear smoothly, until it finally got stuck in 4th

towed the car home, fixed the rear, and it kept grinding in every gear exp if i double clutch

changed tranny fluid and tested the car and it was fine... the next morning it kept grinding in every gear unless i double clutched

yesterday i bleed the clutch and the first 3 times nothing came out but air, bleed it 3 more times and fluid came out each time although it was black coming out of the slave... still grinds unless i double clutch

what the hell could be wrong? it shifts smoothly when the car is off but there is a definite bearing noise coming from the bellhousing when im driving (maybe its the pilot or throwout bearing? or slave?)

HELP!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the throwout bearing or the pilot bearing is damaged or completely disintegrated. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you need to drop the trans and take a look. More than likely your slave has gone bad because your clutch isn't fully disengaging. If your getting a ton of air when you bleed it's because there is air leaking into the system somewhere probably the slave. Good Luck!