Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Bleeding Issue, Speedbleeder HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Bleeding Issue, Speedbleeder HELP

Hello, well i am buttoning back up my 408 build and i went to bleed the clutch. Followed the instructions and had fluid running out of the bleeder line. like a solid stream of fluid. closed up the bleeder end, and put the diaphragm back into the reservoir and then put the cap on. got into the car and clutch pressure was great and really tough. I could still pump it but it was hard. I pump it maybe 5-6 times and i hear leaking. i look under the car and the slave seems to be leaking a little of the fluid out. it is coming out of the slit hole between block and bell housing. just wondering whats going on if anyone can help. The clutch is a stage 3 monster. Just wanna know why when everything is closed the pressure is outstanding but then it leaks. Please help me with this. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as you say if its leaking you should check the slave maybe there is crack
thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Launching!

ttt....need help...
Old 05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

sounds like you need to take the trans back out and see whats going on.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Launching!

ok im looking for input, not just someone telling me to pull the trans back out. i want a guess or someone who can diagnosis whats wrong. still looking for answers.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:47 AM
9 Second Club

Did you replace the slave cylinder? Slave cylinder could be leaking, could also be leaking where the speed bleeder screws into the slave. Anyway something it wrong with the slave cylinder. If you cant see the line on the slave pull the trany. And it is hard to tell what is wrong with the car. And there telling you to pull the trans because if it is leaking fluid out ot the front of the trans its probably the slave cylinder witch requires pulling the trans! And if you dont want people telling you to pull trans I dont know anyway around it if its not the speed bleeder.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Launching!

i know what u mean, i need to go tomorrow and check again. I just dont wanna pull the ******* TRANS again. it gets old very quick.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
9 Second Club

Yes sir its sucks. But that is just one of those damn it kind of things. Nothing you can do about it. I am getting ready to put a monster 3 and MWC 9 rear when ever the rear gets done. And I dont want to have to do it twice. And I even work on cars for a living.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Launching!

lol very true. i went last night and there was a supper small leak, like a small drip. gonna pull the trans tomorrow
Old 05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Did you install the copper washer that comes with the Tick Speedbleeder?
Old 05-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Launching!

matt, yes i did put the copper washer on i made sure of that. thanks for responding. and the Tick bleeder is the best thing invented, the clutch is bleed it just leaks a little now. i went today and it leaked a lot less. right now i truly believe that the steel braided line is not fully screwed into that two way screw thing, the copper washer goes on the other end. i don't think that is screwed in all the way. that is what i am beginning to believe.

Quick Reply: Clutch Bleeding Issue, Speedbleeder HELP