Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

which clutch/ best deal?

Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which clutch/ best deal?

long story short i went to the track, and upon my pinion angle getting shot to hell thanks to moser's 12 bolt tq arm design my clutch is now shot

at least i believe its the clutch... goes into all gears fine when car is off, grinds all gears exp R unless i double clutch.... i have to double clutch quick so it wont grind and have to hold clutch in when stopped and leave in whatever gear i was in prior to stopping as to not having to grind gears (always grinds when downshifting no matter what) i can sometimes get it to go into gear when stopped if i pump the clutch like 12 times then throw it into gear

with that said, and the horrible bearing noise, i believe my slave and throwout bearing are shot

so id like a monster clutch but i cant seem to find any deals right now, i remember seeing something like $100 off on a site last month

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats the deal I got-$100.00 off thru April, so I took the plunge and coughed up 750 for the premium package, which includes flywheel, disc, press. plate, t.o. bearing, and slave cyl. I looked around a little, and this seemed to be the best, or as good a deal, as was out there. This was from Tick, by the way, and shipping was free-o-charge.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

I haven't had ONE problem with my McLeod single. It's been in there for about four years. Got a couple 3 passes on it. I got it because at the time I hadn't heard of anyone having a problem with it. It was around the summer 2006 and ALL I was reading about was problems with the Spec clutches. The pedal is quite heavy, and the McLeod MC makes the pedal a little higher.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MplSS
Thats the deal I got-$100.00 off thru April, so I took the plunge and coughed up 750 for the premium package, which includes flywheel, disc, press. plate, t.o. bearing, and slave cyl. I looked around a little, and this seemed to be the best, or as good a deal, as was out there. This was from Tick, by the way, and shipping was free-o-charge.
just emailed them seeing if i cant get it extending 8 days lol... anything else like this out there right now? cant seem to find much

Search this Thread