Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Stage 2 and 3 Driveability

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec Stage 2 and 3 Driveability

Is there a big difference in drivability in the stage 2 and 3 Spec clutches? I was going to go with a 2, but the 3 is only $35 more. I just have bolt-ons and don't want to sacrifice my leg as it's for my daily driver.

I was going to PM the Spec rep, but his inbox is full...
Old 05-11-2010, 02:16 AM
TECH Resident

Well I have a spec3 in a Ls1 and its fine for what it is. how ever on a daily bases I don't suggest it, and i know others will agree it surges alot and some people just don't get many miles out of them depending on how hard you drive it.

If you have a lt1 based on your sig, I suggest you get a lt4 clutch. You can get a lt4 knockoff from a parts store and it will hold fine for your mods and will even handle a cam if you plan to do one down the line. I don't have a part number but the clutch you would ask for is the 96 corvette clutch.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Razor, The Stage 2 will be a bit more drivable as a result of the segmented Kevlar it utilizes. A Stage 3, which has 6 carbon-graphite pucks will be a bit more on and off in terms of engagement. If drivability is key I suggest the stage 2 and if you need more capacity than the stage 2 is rated to handle a stage 2+ which is compriszed of hybrid facing (pucks on one side and Kevlar on the other). My in box has been cleared out now so you can PM me at your convenience. Thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Razor, The Stage 2 will be a bit more drivable as a result of the segmented Kevlar it utilizes. A Stage 3, which has 6 carbon-graphite pucks will be a bit more on and off in terms of engagement. If drivability is key I suggest the stage 2 and if you need more capacity than the stage 2 is rated to handle a stage 2+ which is compriszed of hybrid facing (pucks on one side and Kevlar on the other). My in box has been cleared out now so you can PM me at your convenience. Thanks
+1....i have the 2+ with the aluminum PP option....absolutely no chatter on break in except a little in reverse....just turned 1200 miles and it holds like glue.....much better than my previous LS6 clutch.....i had to get a Tick Master though
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went from the stage 2 which is now 9 years old and looked brand new once we took it out and is going to my brothers car now.To a stage 3+ with alittle over a 1400 breakin miles and it feels the same to me as far as drivability and feels like it holds like A *****. spec clutch guy for life when it come to racing for me no problems here just upgrade your hydrolic system and get an adjustable mcleod.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Launching!

I have a Stg 3 in my car and love the feel.. Driveability is awesome to me.. just depends on how stiff u like the pedal!

Vince

Quick Reply: Spec Stage 2 and 3 Driveability