Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please Help With My Clutch Problem!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please Help With My Clutch Problem!!! :(

Here's the layout I have a 2001 Camaro Z28 6sp that I bought from a buddy last November.. the car is pretty much stock besides Headers and exhaust!, the car is very strong to be stock it runs around 12.6's to 13.0 depending on tires..... My question is since Novemeber I've had to change the clutch three times the first clutch was pretty much a stock clutch, the second clutch was a ZOOM Oragnic disc muscle Car Kit, and the third clutch was a ZOOM Kevlar Stage 2 Disc.... Now I'm starting to wonder if there something else that might be wrong, i've also changed the Flywheel. If anybody could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is happening to the clutches are they slipping? shatters? and what are you doing with the car?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Well the mechanic i take the car to says the disc is seperating, the car is a everyday driver i take it to the track everynow and then but i never launch it hard, but i drive it everyday back and forth to school
Old 05-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Idea's anyone????
Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know much about zoom clutches but if you've gone through 2 new ones in 6 months I would say something is wrong - either you slip the hell out of the clutch when you drive or you're slipping it big time at the track. From your explanation I would say it's not the track driving. I would be more interested in the exact reason why it needed replacement. Was it wearing down the disc material, slipping, chattering, or what?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Teching In

No it's not the driving this isn't my first 6sp camaro lol... but the disc is seperating, the first clutch the face just ripped completely off after I layed into the car full throttle, the second clutch the face began ripping apart, and the third clutch that i'm on now is doing the samething the second was doing before it went out. I still have warranty on the ZOOM clutches thats why I keep taking them back and swapping out for a better one each time