Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please look at this picture of my hydraulic slave line! I need help!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please look at this picture of my hydraulic slave line! I need help!

Went out tuning, @ 110 in 4th gear (first WOT run, checking AFR), pushed in the clutch to slow down. When I did, it stayed at the floor, pulled it up with my toe, then it was rock hard. Tapped on the pedal, then pushed it to the floor, when I did that, I knew something happened. Pulled over, puddle under the car, but since it is lowered, I could not see under it. I came home, jacked it up and the hydraulic line just pulled right out of the slave, and I look at the end of it. Below is a picture of the end of the line, and a picture of what it should look like. Please tell me what happened so I can ensure I change the correct parts.

This is mine:

This is what it is supposed to look like:
Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

braided line may have not been connected correctly in the first place. It should snap in. remember my mc with drill modded line is still for sale.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Yep, havent forgotten about ya lol. I just wanted to get a little input before I decide who to get it from. If there is a chance my master could have been damaged, I want to ensure I pick up a master at the same time.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

7camaro7 is right, it may not have been connected right it should snap in, and be a bitch to take out. but from looking at it I can tell your fluid needs to be changed because its been contaminated by clutch dust , so I recommend bleeding your clutch system. if the problem persist you may have to 1. get a new master cylinder or 2. change your hydraulic slave. I had that problem where it got stuck to the floor and wouldnt go into gear.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Launching!

the clutch fluid was BLACK, so we completely flushed it out and put new in, it must be stained.

it seems at this point I will at least change the line and see where it goes from there.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Taken4granted
7camaro7 is right, it may not have been connected right it should snap in, and be a bitch to take out. but from looking at it I can tell your fluid needs to be changed because its been contaminated by clutch dust , so I recommend bleeding your clutch system. if the problem persist you may have to 1. get a new master cylinder or 2. change your hydraulic slave. I had that problem where it got stuck to the floor and wouldnt go into gear.
x2 on it being a bitch to take out (for me it was).
Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Launching!

yeah, i know it should have been a PITA, as we have removed the transmission 5 times. This is the first problem I have had with it, but it was also a new slave that doesnt have the same retention "fingers" as the GM slave. The one that I put in from Advance Auto Parts has more of a clip than the "fingers". I am going to change the line, put in another new slave, and use the GM slave hookup (female line side). I bet it solves the problem.

Search this Thread