Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster stg 3 clutch kit install problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster stg 3 clutch kit install problems

I bought a Monster stage 3 clutch with the premium kit. I installed it with no problems. I got everything back together and went to bleed the clutch and the fluid was pissing out the bell housing. I pulled the Transmission again and found out that the brand new slave ( included in the kit ) was missing an internal o-ring. I used the o-ring from the old salve cylinder to put into the new slave and assembled everything back together. This time the slave does not leak fluid but I still don't have any clutch pedal.

Could it be possible that the new slave included with my kit is just junk ? I'm assuming this thing was made in china or something. Who the hell forgets to put an o-ring inside the slave ? I really hope I do not need to pull the transmission again. Could it be possible that I just need to vacuum bleed the line ? Any ideas ?

I'm not knocking Monster at all, but they did send me a incorrectly manufactured slave cylinder.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

hm! good info! ill check mine when i do the install!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

bled the clutch for over an hour today and it seems to have solved my problem. Might be a little more air in the line so I will use a mighty vac tomorrow.

I drove the car for 25 miles tonight. Clutch chatter isn't all that bad. Pedal is a little stiffer. engagement is a little different. I cant wait for the 500 mile break-in to be over so I can really test out the clutch.

Quick Reply: Monster stg 3 clutch kit install problems