Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shimming clutch. need a lot of help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shimming clutch. need a lot of help

ok i have a twin disk mcleod. the 1200 dollar one. ( sorry dont know exact name)

i sent this to Billy( mcleod sponsor on the site)

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
ok i bought your guys twin street cluch system. the 1200 dollar one. with twin complete disk. no pucks.

ok i took it apart and keep track of all the spacers and everything. well i put it back to gether and was cleaning up. and noticed i had 4 spacers lay on the ground i was like ****. well is there why i can test to see if i got all the spacers in there. like a why to make sure it is shimed right?

thanks
D

he said this

Yes there is a way. Have the entire thing assembled together like if it was going on the back of the motor.

Put it on a drill press. put a mechanical bearing on the fingers, and use the drill head to depress the bearing & the fingers on the clutch. You'll need the drill head to move .500" once it moves the bearing.

Once the clutch is released have somebody hold the handel on the drill in place and use a feeler guage between each of the two discs, you need .025" on each disc for proper release.

and i have called him a few tims. he said the flooter disk need a alumin spacer with 2 - .020 shims and 1 - .010 shim. right now my set up has 3 - .020 shims.

and the pressure plate needs 1 alumin spacer and 3 - .020 shims. and it has that on my setup.

when i take the pressure off like he said to do. and use the feeler guage. there is no room in the flooter. but tons in the pressue plate. but if i press up ( with my fingers) on the bottom clutch the flooter goes up enoght to get my feeler gauge in there.

SO WHAT DO I DO? keep adding to the flooter? i am already .010 over what mcleod says they send it as.

PLEASE HELP any info.

thaks
D
Old 06-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned

no one?

Please help
Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned

PLease some one. pelase. anyone?