Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Keisler clutchless 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why the hell is it so hard for him to pull the stick back on that EMCO? You can see the muscles in his forearm flexing.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice but too overprice $$ I can't afford.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

So how do they compare to other manual clutchless units price wise? For a manual trans drag car you should have a trans like one of these.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by All-In
Ok so 30 grand in a transmission for A CAR THAT RUNS 10'S

WHY???????????????????????????
Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx

cause they didnt have enough money to spend on anything else after they built the transmission lol
Old 06-24-2010, 06:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cody161
cause they didnt have enough money to spend on anything else after they built the transmission lol
You may have a point there
Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Location: Just because the voices aren't real, doesn't mean they're not right!

Simple. For fun and because he can. That was his personal C6.

Lou is into hard-core road racing his C6R and this is his (and many others) trans of choice.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cody161
You may have a point there
Not even close. You don't know LG.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...8982940768f95f
Old 06-24-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

The EMCO is for a transaxle style setup like the Vette. Crazy expensive solution and I'm sure frequent rebuilds.

Hewland makes a similar transmission that is sequential also and have been around a lot longer than EMCO. Quaiffe makes a seqential transmission also that is the $10-12K range. It is only rated to around 750hp I believe.... but it is one bad ****.

If you need a traditionally mounted RWD transmission and want clutchless shifts a Jerico or GForce is a much more affordable option. You can put one behind an LSx motor for about $4500 getting a used one from eBay. This would include clutch, shifter,transmission, and dshaft. The transmission itself is around $2500 for a 4speed manual. 5speed manuals are probably double that for used. $8K+ new
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Not even close. You don't know LG.
there is a 7 second viper with a t56, so just to say he had the money to do it and have that goofy lookin shifter is retarded in my opinion. I mean hell he could of spent less and put decent wheels on the car besides using spare tires for front runners and junk c5 wheels
Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

there is a 7 second viper with a t56, so just to say he had the money to do it and have that goofy lookin shifter is retarded in my opinion. I mean hell he could of spent less and put decent wheels on the car besides using spare tires for front runners and junk c5 wheels
It was just a fun thing he did as more or less an engineering exercise, just to see "what if". He explained what it was all about on Corvetteforum a few weeks back and he even freely admitted he's not a drag racer (crappy launches, etc) IIRC, I don't think he had any plans to keep the tranny in his car permanently. He's a professional road racer, fabricator and semi-engineer as well.

The guy was having fun and he can easily afford it. It's called goofing around, besides it's his money. The guys probably worth more than you and me combined. What's your problem?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gnx7
The EMCO is for a transaxle style setup like the Vette. Crazy expensive solution and I'm sure frequent rebuilds.
Really? "The EMCO" (as if that is their sole product) is for a transaxle style?

http://www.emcogears.com/dv46/

Ummm, try again. Take your pick.

Originally Posted by gnx7
Hewland makes a similar transmission that is sequential also and have been around a lot longer than EMCO.
I have no doubt that Hewland has "been around longer". I agree. Then what? Does it mean they are better because of this fact? ZF has been around longer than EMCO too. Then what? Quaiffe makes some nice products too. Then what?

There's a lot of choices in transmissions and transaxles out there and the "best" choice just depends on what you're trying to do. Companies like Emco, Xtrac and Hewland, etc are making products that have to survive in world-class road racing and stock car competition which includes, in many instances, being able to survive at flat-out racing speeds for 24 hrs. The world of transmission manufacturers does not just revolve around drag racing. For serious, competitors, who spend a 1/2 million dollars on their race cars in order to be competitive, a $25,000 transmission, is not a major expense in the budget.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

It was just a fun thing he did as more or less an engineering exercise, just to see "what if". He explained what it was all about on Corvetteforum a few weeks back and he even freely admitted he's not a drag racer (crappy launches, etc) IIRC, I don't think he had any plans to keep the tranny in his car permanently. He's a professional road racer, fabricator and semi-engineer as well.

The guy was having fun and he can easily afford it. It's called goofing around, besides it's his money. The guys probably worth more than you and me combined. What's your problem?
I would rather be worth nothing then look that stupid. You are the one that stated we were puppies for not owning that pos trans. I merely replied that for the price you would have to be running a 6.66 at 220 to be even consider needing it and even then I think a lenco is less.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Really? "The EMCO" (as if that is their sole product) is for a transaxle style?

http://www.emcogears.com/dv46/

Ummm, try again. Take your pick.

I have no doubt that Hewland has "been around longer". I agree. Then what? Does it mean they are better because of this fact? ZF has been around longer than EMCO too. Then what? Quaiffe makes some nice products too. Then what?

There's a lot of choices in transmissions and transaxles out there and the "best" choice just depends on what you're trying to do. Companies like Emco, Xtrac and Hewland, etc are making products that have to survive in world-class road racing and stock car competition which includes, in many instances, being able to survive at flat-out racing speeds for 24 hrs. The world of transmission manufacturers does not just revolve around drag racing. For serious, competitors, who spend a 1/2 million dollars on their race cars in order to be competitive, a $25,000 transmission, is not a major expense in the budget.
I would think a majority of the folks on here pretty much drag / street race. I could be wrong... But i think the original post was about kieselers 6 speed which I inquired about at one point as well. I was tempted to buy it but didnt like the gearing options. So instead I have a tick stage 3 face plated trans.

I know we are not as good as you corvette owners. The only car that still runs leaf spring suspensions. I guess since I didnt spend way to much on my trans I am mere scum
Old 06-24-2010, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

I would rather be worth nothing then look that stupid. You are the one that stated we were puppies for not owning that pos trans. I merely replied that for the price you would have to be running a 6.66 at 220 to be even consider needing it and even then I think a lenco is less.
I wasn't trying to say you personally are a puppy, I was actually speaking to the trannys themselves. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Try not to be so sensitive, mkay?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

I would think a majority of the folks on here pretty much drag / street race. I could be wrong... But i think the original post was about kieselers 6 speed which I inquired about at one point as well. I was tempted to buy it but didnt like the gearing options. So instead I have a tick stage 3 face plated trans.

I know we are not as good as you corvette owners. The only car that still runs leaf spring suspensions. I guess since I didnt spend way to much on my trans I am mere scum
It seems that you have some sort of bone to pick with Vette owners for some reason. You need to get over it. There's lots of guys driving Vettes that are just as hardworking as you probably are, and enjoy working on them just as much as you do on your car, so try to lay off the "I know we are not as good as you corvette owners" or the "I am mere scum" routine.

We're all car guys here, or at least I thought we were. If you prefer to play the class-warfare bit, you might want to try it with someone else. If you want to share ideas and have some fun at the same time, then I'm your man, because that's why I come here, to learn some things if I can and also to share some things I've learned with others and keep a sense of humor about it at the same time. Lighten up there Sparky.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

It seems that you have some sort of bone to pick with Vette owners for some reason. You need to get over it. There's lots of guys driving Vettes that are just as hardworking as you probably are, and enjoy working on them just as much as you do on your car, so try to lay off the "I know we are not as good as you corvette owners" or the "I am mere scum" routine.

We're all car guys here, or at least I thought we were. If you prefer to play the class-warfare bit, you might want to try it with someone else. If you want to share ideas and have some fun at the same time, then I'm your man, because that's why I come here, to learn some things if I can and also to share some things I've learned with others and keep a sense of humor about it at the same time. Lighten up there Sparky.
I am just replying to these half cocked comments you keep making.

So to be clear

a t56 is a no good trans

Your "buddy" is better then us

And he has more money then god and wastes it on a 10 second vette he cant supposedly drive.

Because thats what i have gotten out of your idiotic comments. Please enlighten us
Old 06-24-2010, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

I am just replying to these half cocked comments you keep making. Only half cocked to you maybe.

So to be clear

a t56 is a no good trans Never said that. Please show me where? Hell, I'm using one myself.

Your "buddy" is better then us Wrong again. He's not my "buddy". "Us?" Who's this "us"? Are you saying you speak for everyone else on this forum or just yourself? I'm just familiar with who he is and some of his racing activities and some of his products. He's also a forum vendor of LS1Tech too. I hope that's OK with you?

And he has more money then god and wastes it on a 10 second vette he cant supposedly drive. Don't know about the "god" thing (btw, it's God) but if he wants to have fun with his money, that's kinda up to him, don't ya think? Or is that something someone is not allowed to do?

Because thats what i have gotten out of your idiotic comments. Please enlighten us
That last little idiotic gem of yours doesn't even deserve a response. Try to get over the pity-party you seem to want to have every chance you get, OK?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Ok let me use a different approach.
What is your point?

you stated this

And then i stated

And then you said

Simple. For fun and because he can. That was his personal C6.

Lou is into hard-core road racing his C6R and this is his (and many others) trans of choice.
And then from there I guess you wanted to have some holier then thou debate.

Hmm lets see 6 k for the 6 speed we are talking about or 30 k for something we are not talking about. that thru pictures and video I dont understand why you would need I guess if i was a "road" racer guru this must be the "have to" trans.

Quick Reply: Keisler clutchless 6 speed