Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Buying advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Buying advice

I am looking to buy a clutch kit for my 2000 WS6. It has 93k on a stock clutch. It vibrates when I start in first at a low rpm and has a lot of play before it engages. I want some advice on which brand I should purchase. I dont need to drag race but I do want it to be able to handle 500-600 hp and be heart pumping good time on a sunday in the mountains. Any advice would be welcome.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Ls7 With the ls2 fly wheel is a good set up and for a good price. It will be about the best bang for the buck.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monster stage 3 from Mike@WS6store he will price match.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont forget about the hydraulics if you havent updated them. I went with a tick master cyclinder and a stock slave, works great.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the help. I have never been a real machine head so the pointer on the hydraulics was needed, I would have just overlooked that. Those monsters look pretty beastly and right about what I was wanting. Any other tips and or tricks that I should consider when buying and/or installing the kit?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

It sounds like the Monster Level 3 is the one for you. There are several write ups on how to change your clutch and we also include some install tips and torque specs with everyone of our kits. The clutches are on sale until the end of the month.

Fell free to give me a call if you have any questions or if you would like to place an order.

Matt
817-750-2000
Old 06-22-2010, 10:51 AM

Does anyone know of a good performance shop near North Carolina? I am unfortunatly stationed out here and haven't seen any quality shops. I would assume there would be on in Raleigh/Durham NC. I will probably have someone else do the install on the clutch and with the high miles on my engine I am going to replace it soon and would like to have a local shop build one for me.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00'abusedWS6
Does anyone know of a good performance shop near North Carolina? I am unfortunatly stationed out here and haven't seen any quality shops. I would assume there would be on in Raleigh/Durham NC. I will probably have someone else do the install on the clutch and with the high miles on my engine I am going to replace it soon and would like to have a local shop build one for me.
93k miles is nothing on an LS1 unless you aren't maintaining it.....
Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Internet Mechanic

Textralia Oz-700 Z or X Grip mated to a NEW GM Slave and Pilot bearing, Use Tex's Flywheel and add a Tick Perf. Master. You will never look back.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...body/packages/

The kit i just bought from tick and ticks shop is located not that far from you if u live near raleigh, looks like they do full installs too.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by chavez885
93k miles is nothing on an LS1 unless you aren't maintaining it.....
Unfortunatly I just purchased my car with 93k on it already. I got it for a great price and the interior and stuff is in great shape but the engine is a mystery, to me any way. I have very little experience and honestly don't know as much as I would want about cars but I am hoping to remedy that now that I bought this car. The only thing I know for sure about the engine is that it had NoS in it because the line is still there from the trunk and that I was told by a good buddy with a built 2001 SS that the headers and exhaust are aftermarket and look like Hookers to him. So I want to just start over with the motor instead of just bolting more stuff on when I dont know whats been done or how hard and dirty its been drove.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 00'abusedWS6
Unfortunatly I just purchased my car with 93k on it already. I got it for a great price and the interior and stuff is in great shape but the engine is a mystery, to me any way. I have very little experience and honestly don't know as much as I would want about cars but I am hoping to remedy that now that I bought this car. The only thing I know for sure about the engine is that it had NoS in it because the line is still there from the trunk and that I was told by a good buddy with a built 2001 SS that the headers and exhaust are aftermarket and look like Hookers to him. So I want to just start over with the motor instead of just bolting more stuff on when I dont know whats been done or how hard and dirty its been drove.
Check us out: http://www.tickperformance.com

We'd be happy to check the car out for you and make a plan for your future with it! We're not too far from you, in Mooresville.