Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How long does my stock clutch have to live?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long does my stock clutch have to live?

In the signature you can see the upgrades, im shopping for a clutch/flywheel now but in the meantime im tired of driving the car like a granny. I'm just afraid of mutilating the thing and being stuck somewhere. Im not talking dumping it at 4K, just getting a small rolling start, WOT and a good shift into 2nd. Will this thing hold out for a couple of those just so I can test my build out before it gets replaced or is it not too good of an idea?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Any idea what #s youre putting down? I dont know N/A setups so I really have no estimate myself. I drove around for about a month with my setup, mainly normal driving and a decent bit of boost for logging purposes(mainly :p). My clutch finally gave up the ghost when I threw it on the dyno. I put down 485hp/492tq my first run, 2nd run was 30 less and the 3rd didnt happen because I couldnt get it into gear. lol. The clutch was as smooth as a rotor when I pulled it out.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Not as much as yours, I havent dyno'd yet but from what Ive read it should be around 460/410 give or take.