Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problem with 3/4 shift. New slave, tick MC

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problem with 3/4 shift. New slave, tick MC

The back story. I just sent my transmission in to get rebuilt at TDP. Got it installed with a new slave (Autozone) and a tick speed bleeder. I've had the Tick MC installed for about a year. I have a stock clutch with 101,XXX miles.

I can shift from 1/2 and 2/3 perfect. When going into 4th the pedal gets soft and only comes back half way and I can't get into gear.

I bled a whole thing of fluid through and used my MightyVac with 15 hg for about 2 hours and I did get a few tiny bubbles the first 10 minutes. I pumped the clutch and then got something to keep the pedal depressed for an hour and half.

Is there anything else that could be bad with the clutch itself with it having the mileage it does. I'm trying to get some funds scraped together to get a monster (I've got some car audio equipment for sale if anyone is interested ).

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock clutch is probably slipping just a bit which is transfering some heat into the hydraulic fluid. This is assuming this only happens on WOT or aggressive runs... Get yourself a new clutch and it will probably solve your issues. Were a dealer for monster and others, you can check what we offer here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...body/clutches/
Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is indeed a clutch issue, check out our Monster Clutches and we'll get you taken care of.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as funds are available I'm stuffing a Monster Level III in there. Is there going to be any sales coming up for these Monsters?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkreign2049
As soon as funds are available I'm stuffing a Monster Level III in there. Is there going to be any sales coming up for these Monsters?
Thanks a ton man!

Check out Lashway Motorsports, they have a sale going on right now.

Quick Reply: Problem with 3/4 shift. New slave, tick MC