Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Temporary lockout of 5th and 6th and temporary lock in 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Temporary lockout of 5th and 6th and temporary lock in 3rd

On my way to work this morning I couldn't get into 5th or 6th but after trying it a few times it slide in and was fine for a bit and ten it did it again. Then I downshifted to third and it just felt weird. I pulled it out of third and then righ back in and it felt even more weird and then it got stuck in 3rd. I had to take off from a light in third but after I was rolling again, it slide right out and shifted fine. Even into 5th and 6th. Then when I downshifted again into third, I got a pretty good grind but then after trying again, it slide like nothing was wrong. All of this driving was just easy driving.

I have noticed a 3rd gear grind of I go from 5th to 3rd to fast for a quick pass and reverse has been blocking me out too. Not the solenoid. It will slide into the gate and up but just won't go into reverse without some coercion. As in putting it in almost every gear and then putting it into 5th, letting out on the clutch to start rolling and then it will go into reverse. It's a real pain in the ***.

The trans already has billet keys, steel 3-4 shift fork, and bronze fork pads. Any ideas so I can get some parts on order before the trans comes out?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry for the spelling and crap, I'm on my phone so yeah. Sorry and thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Usually if you're having problems in multiple (non-paired) gears, it points at a clutch or hyd. issue where the clutch is dragging.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Also, clutch is a fairly new exedy hyper twin. No disengagement issues but prior to the exedy I had a spec 3 with all kinds of disengagement issues/sticky pedal/lockout at anything over 5k. I think the wear and tear came from the spec

And today was the first time I had the lock in/out problem.

Last edited by raven154; 07-22-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Temporary lockout of 5th and 6th and temporary lock in 3rd